Ben is active in the Houston community and bar associations, serving as an active member of the Houston Young Lawyers’ Association, and as a volunteer with Houston Interfaith Ministries and St. Anne’s parish.
Ben and his wife Angie reside in the Heights area. In his free time, Ben enjoys traveling, trying new restaurants, and golf. A native of Columbus, Ohio, he is a die-hard fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes and a (long suffering) Cleveland sports fan.
- Texas, 2008
- Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee.
- J.D. – 2008
- Articles Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law
- Champion, Mock Trial Competition
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.
- B.A. – 2005
- Major: Journalism
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Presidential Scholar, National Merit Scholar, Ohio Board of Regents Scholar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Recognized by SuperLawyers as a “Texas Rising Star,” 2015
- Member of Houston Bar Association
- Member of Houston Young Lawyers’ Association
Past Employment Positions
- Winstead, PC, associate attorney
- Joyce + McFarland, associate attorney